Transfer Shorts

Rob Holding looks set to become an Arsenal player after Bolton Wanderers accepted the Gunners’ reported £2 million bid for the 20-year-old defender, according to local paper the Bolton News.

Arsenal have been on Holding’s trail for months, with Bolton rejecting an initial bid that was soon improved upon intensified interest from other clubs in the centre back.

Holding, the Bolton News states, completed his medical this Monday and will go on to discuss terms with Arsenal as the week progresses.

Beyond the transfer talk laid hope from Bolton’s end that Holding would return to the Macron Stadium on loan for the 2016/17 season, but that idea now appears to be unlikely.

Holding played 30 times in his debut season for the Trotters, attracting interest from a number of Premier League clubs despite Bolton’s relegation from the Championship to League One.

Please read more here.

Arsenal have been handed a boost in the race to sign Napoli’s Gonzalo Higuain after confirmation that talks between the Argentine’s club and Juventus broke down.

Talks between Juventus’ director Beppe Marotta and Napoli’s president Aurelio De Laurentiis were held today, but the transfer saga has appeared to have come full circle, with Napoli once again pointing to Higuain’s €94 million (£78.5 million) release clause.

GHiguain

Juventus are unwilling to activate the 28-year-old’s release clause, as confirmed by Marotta, meanwhile Napoli are also uninterested in the likes of Simone Zaza and/or Daniele Rugani being included in a swap deal.

“We won’t pay the clause, it is absolutely true,” Marotta claimed. “There are no negotiations for Higuain, Napoli won’t negotiate and the matter is closed, for the time being at least.”

Arsenal are also unlikely to pay Higuain’s release clause in full, for now being the only stated way Napoli will allow the striker to depart, although it’s plausible to believe his apparent willingness to leave the Partenopei could to alter his asking price in due course.

Please read more here.

Following reports of a move to Napoli, Olivier Giroud’s agent Michael Manuello has clarified his comments regarding the Frenchman’s future at Arsenal.

OGiroud

The Gunners’ reported interest in Gonzalo Higuain led to a fraction of the Italian press to pushing through stories that squeezed Giroud into the equation via a €60 million player plus cash deal.

At the time, Manuello stated that Giroud would consider his options if Arsenal were to willingly show him the door, but he has now come forward to reaffirm the striker’s future at the North London club.

“Everything I’ve read about Giroud is untrue,” Manuello stated. “I only said that if Arsenal wanted to sell, then we would see, but today he is an Arsenal player and I’d like to stress we haven’t even thought about another project.”

Manuello went one further by covering the scenario of Arsenal signing a new striker to compete with Giroud.

“You always need two strikers,” he said. “Welbeck is out for nine months, unfortunately. It’s quite normal that when you play in a great team, you should face strong competition.”

Please read more here.

Arsenal could make a move for Manchester City’s Belgian defender Jason Denayer, according to the Sun.

Denayer

The Gunners are believed to be in search of a versatile defender who can add to the numbers in Arsenal’s backline, with Denayer referenced as a potential target.

Denayer, who can play at centre back and right back, is yet to play for Man City after four seasons at the club, more recently loaned to Celtic and Galatasaray.

The Sun believe the 21-year-old, who had been linked with Arsenal a year ago, will cost the club at least £10 million.

Borussia Dortmund’s Matthias Ginter, who can also play centre back and right back, is another thought to be on Arsenal’s shortlist.

The German defender had been pursued by Arsenal in his Freiburg days and could cost in the region of £12 million, the Sun reports.

Please read more here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *